Utilities stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 1.2% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 0.7% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 0.5% to a new 52-week high of $27.57.
- UniSource Energy Corp (UNS): UNS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.2% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.1% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 2.5% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 1.7% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.