Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.7% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 1.3% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $33.82.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $35.69.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.9% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 0.7% to a new 52-week high of $48.80.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.9% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is down 0.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.