Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.4% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.4% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.4% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.3% today and down 27.7% in the last month.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 0.1% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.