Basic materials stocks fell 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 14.9% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 4.1% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 3.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.9% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.1% to a new 52-week low of $22.88.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 2.0% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.0% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.