Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $51.38.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 0.5% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is up 1.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Foster Wheeler Ag. (FWLT): FWLT stock is up 0.3% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 0.5%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 2.5% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 1.9% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 0.9% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.