Consumer cyclical stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 11.0% to a new 52-week high of $40.34.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 9.7% to a new 52-week high of $13.02.
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is up 3.1% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is up 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Deckers Outdoor Corp (DECK): DECK stock is up 1.5% today.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Trw Automotive Holdings Corp (TRW): TRW stock is up 1.3% today.
- Shanda Games Limited (GAME): GAME stock is up 0.9% today.
- Honda Motor Company (HMC): HMC stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is down 10.7% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is down 3.6% today.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is down 2.8% today.
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is down 1.2% today.
- Konami Corp (KNM): KNM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.