Consumer noncyclical stocks fell 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is up 0.5% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 0.5% today.
- Clorox Company (CLX): CLX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is up 0.4% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 0.4%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is down 2.6% to a new 52-week low of $48.55.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is down 1.3% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 2.0% today and down 20.9% in the last month.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 1.0% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.