Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 3.1% to a new 52-week high of $39.92.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 2.4% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is up 1.8% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 1.4% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $54.40.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is up 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 0.7% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is down 0.5% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.