Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is up 5.7% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 4.0% to a new 52-week high of $32.24.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $89.01.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 2.9% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co (CCH): CCH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.3% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 0.3% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.