Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is up 5.7% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 4.0% to a new 52-week high of $32.24.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $89.01.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 2.9% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co (CCH): CCH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.3% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 0.3% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.