Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 4.3% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is up 4.3% today and up 30.3% in the last month.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 1.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.