Energy stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 4.4% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 2.8% to a new 52-week high of $43.35.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Conocophillips (COP): COP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is down 8.9% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is down 5.4% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 5.1% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 3.1% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is down 3.0% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is down 2.0% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 1.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.