Energy stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 7.2% today and up 26.6% in the last month.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 1.8% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 18.2% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is down 5.8% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 5.1% to a new 52-week low of $14.39.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 4.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is down 3.3% today.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. C (ARP): ARP stock is down 3.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 3.2% today and down 116.0% in the last month.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is down 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 1.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.