Energy stocks declined 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 0.6% today and up 20.2% in the last month.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 0.9% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 0.5% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is up 0.4% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is up 0.3% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 4.0% to a new 52-week low of $13.31.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 3.8% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 3.9% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 3.3% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 3.3% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 3.7% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is down 3.6% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 2.8% today and down 103.4% in the last month.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.