Energy stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 2.2% today and up 27.3% in the last month.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Conocophillips (COP): COP stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $76.52.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 1.8% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 2.1% today.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is down 1.0% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.