Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.4% today.
- Progressive Corp (PGR): PGR stock is up 1.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $46.02.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Scbt Financial Corp (SCBT): SCBT stock is down 3.3% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Keycorp (KEY): KEY stock is down 2.4% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is down 2.1% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is down 2.3% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 1.8% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.