Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 5.0% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 7.1% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 4.8% today.
- Protective Life Corp (PL): PL stock is up 4.0% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 3.4% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 2.6% to a new 52-week high of $38.38.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 4.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 4.0% today.
- Intercontinentalexchange (ICE): ICE stock is down 4.1% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 2.8% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 2.2% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 2.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.