Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 21.0% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 11.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 6.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 6.8% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 7.1% today and up 30.9% in the last month.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 4.1% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 4.5% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 1.7% today and down 21.7% in the last month.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 1.1% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 1.3% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is down 1.2% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 0.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.