Healthcare stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 3.3% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 3.2% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 2.7% today.
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is up 2.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 2.3% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Forest Laboratories (FRX): FRX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.6% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is down 0.5% today and down 34.8% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.