Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is up 1.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 0.9% today and down 20.5% in the last month.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.