Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 5.0% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is up 4.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 3.1% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 2.7% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Carefusion Corp (CFN): CFN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 0.6% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.