Healthcare stocks fell on Wall Street on Friday morning, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 6.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 7.0% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $89.06.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is up 0.9% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 2.8% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 1.7% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 2.4% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.