Services stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 12.9% today on 9 times normal volume.
- Liberty Global (LBTYB): LBTYB stock is up 5.0% today.
- Neustar Inc (NSR): NSR stock is up 4.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Tal International Group (TAL): TAL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Supervalu Inc (SVU): SVU stock is up 3.0% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dish Network Corp (DISH): DISH stock is up 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aercap Holdings N.V. (AER): AER stock is up 2.5% to a new 52-week high of $43.83.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is down 2.0% to a new 52-week low of $47.25.
- TW Telecom Inc (TWTC): TWTC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS): TDS stock is down 1.7% today.
- CBRE Group Inc (CBG): CBG stock is down 1.7% today.
- J2 Global Communications Inc (JCOM): JCOM stock is down 1.5% today.
- New York Times Company (NYT): NYT stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vail Resorts (MTN): MTN stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Gap Inc (GPS): GPS stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.