Services stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 12.9% today on 9 times normal volume.
- Liberty Global (LBTYB): LBTYB stock is up 5.0% today.
- Neustar Inc (NSR): NSR stock is up 4.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Tal International Group (TAL): TAL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Supervalu Inc (SVU): SVU stock is up 3.0% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dish Network Corp (DISH): DISH stock is up 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aercap Holdings N.V. (AER): AER stock is up 2.5% to a new 52-week high of $43.83.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is down 2.0% to a new 52-week low of $47.25.
- TW Telecom Inc (TWTC): TWTC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS): TDS stock is down 1.7% today.
- CBRE Group Inc (CBG): CBG stock is down 1.7% today.
- J2 Global Communications Inc (JCOM): JCOM stock is down 1.5% today.
- New York Times Company (NYT): NYT stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vail Resorts (MTN): MTN stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Gap Inc (GPS): GPS stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.