Services stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 4.2% today.
- Life Time Fitness (LTM): LTM stock is up 3.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Tripadvisor Inc (TRIP): TRIP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Sirius XM Radio Inc (SIRI): SIRI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRAA): PRAA stock is up 3.1% today.
- Mack-Cali Realty Corp (CLI): CLI stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- DSW Inc (DSW): DSW stock is up 2.8% today.
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Realogy Holdings Corp (RLGY): RLGY stock is up 2.8% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Tjx Companies (TJX): TJX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Kroger Company (KR): KR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Trimas Corp (TRS): TRS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Lexington Realty Trust (LXP): LXP stock is down 1.2% today.
- The Advisory Board Company (ABCO): ABCO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kilroy Realty Corp (KRC): KRC stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust (PDM): PDM stock is down 1.1% today.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is down 1.1% today.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Realty Income Corp (O): O stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.