Technology stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Accelerate Diagnostics Inc (AXDX): AXDX stock is up 6.8% to a new 52-week high of $24.44.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 3.1% today.
- Sunpower Corp (SPWR): SPWR stock is up 2.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tibco Software (TIBX): TIBX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Spansion Inc (CODE): CODE stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $19.26.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is up 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Activision Blizzard Inc (ATVI): ATVI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Linkedin (LNKD): LNKD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Hittite Microwave Corp (HITT): HITT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Applied Materials (AMAT): AMAT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Nic Inc (EGOV): EGOV stock is down 1.2% today.
- Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc (TYPE): TYPE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hubbell Inc A (HUB.A): HUB.A stock is down 1.0% today.
- Bottomline Technologies (EPAY): EPAY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Azz Inc (AZZ): AZZ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.