Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ): HPQ stock is up 5.4% today.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is up 4.9% today.
- Gt Advanced Technologies Inc (GTAT): GTAT stock is up 5.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is up 3.4% today.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tivo Inc (TIVO): TIVO stock is up 3.5% today.
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Tech Data Corp (TECD): TECD stock is up 1.5% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 11.8% today.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is down 10.3% today.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL): MRVL stock is down 3.3% today.
- Mentor Graphics Corp (MENT): MENT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Compuware Corp (CPWR): CPWR stock is down 3.0% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is down 1.1% today.
- 3D Systems Corp (DDD): DDD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Renren Inc (RENN): RENN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cornerstone Ondemand Inc (CSOD): CSOD stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.