Transportation stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 0.7% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.