Transportation stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 0.7% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.