Transportation stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 1.2% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is up 0.3% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 0.2% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 0.2% today.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 2.3% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 1.3% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Gulfmark Offshore (GLF): GLF stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.