Utilities stocks remained flat so far on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.9% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 0.6% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 0.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.1% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.