Here are 5 things to know about New Krispy Kreme CEO Tony Thompson:
- Tony Thomson is 47-years-old.
- He was formerly president and COO at Papa John’s International (PZZA).
- Thompson has worked in the food service, beverage and grocery businesses for 25 years.
- Prior to Papa John’s, Thompson worked at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG), Conagra Grocery Products (CAG) and Gulf Coast Coca-Cola (KO).
- KKD expects to appoint Thompson to its board of directors soon.
KKD stock climbed almost 2% in Wednesday mid-day trading. Krispy Kreme stock closed at $18.10 a share on Tuesday.
More CEO News: