Memorial Day is right around the corner and InvestorPlace is celebrating by listing its favorite Memorial Day quotes.
Memorial Day takes place on May 26 this year. The holiday is a time for friends and family to honor and remember the men and women who died while serving their country. The holiday started as following the Civil War.
Here are our favorite Memorial Day quotes, as collected from BrainyQuote.com.
- “My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” — Mark Twain
- “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” — Nathan Hale
- “I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.” — Bob Riley
- “May Heaven be propitious, and smile on the cause of my country.” — Zebulon Pike
- “True patriotism isn’t cheap. It’s about taking on a fair share of the burden of keeping America going.” — Robert Reich
- “Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” — George Washington
- “Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.” — James Bryce
- “A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.” — George William Curtis
- “There are no points of the compass on the chart of true patriotism.” — Robert Charles Winthrop
To see more Memorial Day quotes, click here.