NOAA: 2014 Hurricane Season Predictions

NOAA predicts a below average hurricane season

   

NOAA: 2014 Hurricane Season Predictions

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has released it’s predictions for the 2014 hurricane system.

Evacuation Disaster Hurricane NOAA: 2014 Hurricane Season PredictionsNOAA is predicting that the 2014 hurricane season will be “near-normal or below-normal.” The organization states that the cause for less powerful storms this year is due to the incoming El Niño. The El Niño will increase wind shear, which in turn reduces the power of hurricanes and other tropical storms.

NOAA is predicting a 50% chance of a below-normal season, a 40% chance of a near-normal season and a 10% chance of an above average season for 2014. The organization also predicts that there is a 70% chance that there will be eight to 13 named storms and that three to six of them could develop into hurricanes.

To see when the 2014 hurricane season stars, click here.

More Weather News


Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, http://investorplace.com/2014/05/noaa-2014-hurricane-season-predictions/.

©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC

Comments are currently unavailable. Please check back soon.