Foursquare Is Releasing a New Check-In App Called Swarm
by Karl Utermohlen | May 2, 2014 3:49 pm
Foursquare is expanding with a new app called Swarm.
The company decided that the best way to move forward was by splitting the app into two apps. Swarm will replace the old Foursquare app and serve as a modern way to check into locations.
The app will work as a social heat map that helps you connect with friends. Swarm works by searching for nearby friends and check in to share their location.
Meanwhile, the new Foursquare app will serve an entirely different purpose. The app will be similar to Yelp as it will help you explore and discover your surroundings from restaurants to museums, events and more.
More Mobile News
- TMUS: T-Mobile Adding New Customers Like a Boss
- Free Hulu TV Streaming Coming to Your Mobile This Summer
- T-Mobile Kills Overage Charge Fees
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Swarm.png
- splitting the app: http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/1/5666062/foursquare-swarm-new-app
- Swarm: https://www.swarmapp.com
- TMUS: T-Mobile Adding New Customers Like a Boss: http://investorplace.com/2014/05/tmus-t-mobile-adding-new-customers-like-boss/#.U2PzYKiwXRE
- Free Hulu TV Streaming Coming to Your Mobile This Summer: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/free-hulu/#.U2PzYKiwXRE
- T-Mobile Kills Overage Charge Fees: http://investorplace.com/2014/04/t-mobile-overage-charges-tmus-stock/#.U2PzcKiwXRE
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/05/swarm/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1fWAkdx
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.