Capital goods stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 4.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is up 3.8% to a new 52-week high of $115.77.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 2.6% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is up 2.6% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is up 2.5% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is down 0.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.