Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 2.6% to a new 52-week high of $93.90.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Usana Health Sciences Inc (USNA): USNA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $97.30.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $77.25.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 0.8% today.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is down 0.6% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.