Consumer noncyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Diamond Foods (DMND): DMND stock is up 2.0% today.
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is up 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 0.7% today.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 0.5% to $9.53, near the 52-week high of $9.64.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is up 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.1% today and down 24.3% in the last month.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.