Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $63.40.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $60.84.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $94.90.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is down 7.0% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is down 2.6% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is down 2.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 0.8% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.