Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is up 2.3% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co (CCH): CCH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $89.90.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 3.6% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is down 0.6% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 0.5% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is down 0.2% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.