Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 3.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.9% today and up 25.6% in the last month.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 2.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 2.1% today and up 26.1% in the last month.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Access Midstream Partners L.P. (ACMP): ACMP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 1.8% today and up 25.2% in the last month.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $31.40.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 1.8% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.