Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.7%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 fell 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Camac Energy Inc (CAK): CAK stock is up 8.1% today and up 23.1% in the last month.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 3.3% to $6.90, near the 52-week high of $6.88.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 3.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 2.6% to a new 52-week high of $13.60.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is up 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Baker Hughes Inc (BHI): BHI stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.