Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 1.2% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 1.1% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Talisman Energy Inc (TLM): TLM stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 3.6% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 1.7% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 1.4% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.