Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 3.7% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 3.0% to $13.56, near the 52-week high of $13.54.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 2.6% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $10.64.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 6.3% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 2.8% to a new 52-week low of $38.35.
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is down 0.8% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is down 0.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.