Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 3.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.6% today and up 20.1% in the last month.
- Blackrock (BLK): BLK stock is up 2.5% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is down 1.7%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is down 0.8% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend (ETG): ETG stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.