Financial stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is up 2.3% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is up 2.2% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 2.0% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 2.1% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is down 2.0% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.8% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 1.8% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cme Group Inc (CME): CME stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alleghany Corp (Y): Y stock is down 1.3% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.