Financial stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 4.5% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 2.1% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is up 2.5% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 2.0% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 2.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 1.5% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 2.1% to a new 52-week low of $39.67.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is down 1.8% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Intercontinentalexchange (ICE): ICE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): PFG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is down 0.7% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Blackrock (BLK): BLK stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.