Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Kroger Company (KR): KR stock is up 5.1% to a new 52-week high of $49.69.
- Starz Series B Liberty Capital (STRZB): STRZB stock is up 3.8% today and up 25.4% in the last month.
- Sk Telecom Corp (SKM): SKM stock is up 3.1%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Orix Corp Ads (IX): IX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 2.4% today.
- Wynn Resorts Limited (WYNN): WYNN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NTT): NTT stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pearson Plc (PSO): PSO stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is down 9.3% to a new 52-week low of $16.56.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 3.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- E.W. Scripps Company (SSP): SSP stock is down 1.1% today.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is down 1.7% today.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is down 1.7% today.
- Manpower Inc (MAN): MAN stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.