Services stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 2.6% today and up 35.2% in the last month.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is up 2.5% today.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 2.4% to a new 52-week high of $186.39.
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI): SBGI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): BKS stock is up 2.1% today and up 23.6% in the last month.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $26.45.
- Grand Canyon Education (LOPE): LOPE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Post Properties (PPS): PPS stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Digitalglobe Inc (DGI): DGI stock is down 4.0% today.
- Coach Inc (COH): COH stock is down 3.1% today.
- Grupo Televisa S.A. (TV): TV stock is down 2.5% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust (PDM): PDM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Pearson Plc (PSO): PSO stock is down 1.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI): OHI stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Commonwealth REIT (CWH): CWH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Vistaprint N.V. (VPRT): VPRT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Dollar General Corp (DG): DG stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.