Services stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is up 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is up 2.8% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 2.4% today.
- E-House [China] Holdings (EJ): EJ stock is up 2.2% today.
- M.D.C. Partners Inc (MDCA): MDCA stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cabela’s Inc (CAB): CAB stock is up 1.8% today.
- HFF Inc (HF): HF stock is up 1.8% today.
- Life Time Fitness (LTM): LTM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Brookfield Residential Propert (BRP): BRP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Realogy Holdings Corp (RLGY): RLGY stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 3.4% today.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is down 2.6% today.
- STI Inc (STAG): STAG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is down 2.3% today.
- E.W. Scripps Company (SSP): SSP stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chesapeake Lodging Trust (CHSP): CHSP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Dollar General Corp (DG): DG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Signet Jewelers Limited (SIG): SIG stock is down 1.8% today.
- News Corp Class B (NWS): NWS stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.